Few things that differentiated Steve Jobs:
- Focus – Eliminate distractions, multiple ideas/products and narrow down scope to limited number of ideas, concentrating all available resources for best possible execution.
- Design Driven Engineering – Design simple, spiritually pure and elegant design first, and challenge engineering team to drive it later. At most other companies it is exactly other way round.
- Never Compromise – Never compromise on feature or design aspect, even if it delays estimated time line and cost of project, never settle till product is perfect.
- Market Research – Is of no use. People do not know what they want, until we show them.
- Closed System – Gives complete control over product, software, hardware and content management. It makes sure that in no way purity of product is destroyed and drives end-to-end integration.
- Perfectionism – That is what differentiates a great company/product from rest. Never settle until this is achieved.
- Reset – Pressing reset as and when you fill that you are screwing it up, even if it means re-doing whole stuff again from where it started and delaying estimated project time line.
“Those (crazy peoples) who think that they can change the world, are the ones who do”
“Stay hungry, stay foolish”